MarketAxess is a publicly traded, independently governed company with a proven track record of creating value for its clients and shareholders.
MarketAxess Hosts Fourteenth Annual Emerging Market Charity Trading Day on October 11
NEW YORK, Oct. 05, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq:MKTX), the operator of a leading electronic trading platform for fixed-income securities, and the provider of market data and post-trade services for the global fixed-income markets, today announced that its fourteenth annual Emerging Market (EM) Charity Trading Day will be held on Wednesday, October 11, 2017. Through its partnership with the Emerging Markets Traders Association (EMTA), MarketAxess will donate all EM transaction revenues generated on its platform on the trading day to emerging markets focused charities.
"We are proud to be connected to such impactful charities and are inspired by our clients and employees' continued dedication to supporting the improvement of the lives of children and families around the world," said Sandy White, Emerging Markets Product Manager at MarketAxess. "MarketAxess now operates in over 25 emerging market countries, and brings together more than 1200 investors and dealer firms on its fixed income marketplace. We are grateful for the opportunity to bring our network together to make a significant impact on so many around the world."
"MarketAxess's ongoing support has helped our charity partners reach local and global communities and provide access to better healthcare and education, among other vital services," said Jonathan Murno, Managing Director at EMTA. "We are happy to be partnering with them for our 14th year, and thank them for their generous efforts."
Each year, charities are selected by emerging markets industry benefit committees in New York. Since the inception of the EM Charity Trading day in 2003, MarketAxess has raised over $1 million. The charities that will benefit from this year's donations include:
- African Dream Academy Foundation, which aims to reduce poverty and foster sustainable development in Liberia by educating children and providing them healthcare while also teaching vocational skills to their parents www.africandreamacademy.org
- The Orphaned Starfish Foundation, which is dedicated to helping orphans and at-risk youth break their cycles of abuse and poverty through computer-based education, job training and job placement assistance throughout the world www.orphanedstarfish.org
- Shared Interest, which provides marginalized Southern African entrepreneurs, small business owners and farmers of color with access to the financing they need to create sustainable livelihoods for themselves and their families www.sharedinterest.org
- Trickle Up, which helps the poorest women and most vulnerable people in India, Africa and Latin America graduate out of extreme poverty by building sustainable livelihoods and accessing financial services www.trickleup.org and
- World Connect, which invests in the community development projects of grassroots leaders in the Global South and in the process connects Americans with opportunities to learn, engage, and give www.worldconnect-us.org
The total amount of this year's donations will be announced at the annual New York benefit, scheduled for Thursday, December 7, 2017.
MarketAxess operates a leading electronic trading platform that enables fixed-income market participants to efficiently trade corporate bonds and other types of fixed-income instruments using MarketAxess' patented trading technology. Over 1,200 institutional investor and broker-dealer firms are active users of the MarketAxess trading platform, accessing global liquidity in U.S. high-grade corporate bonds, emerging markets and high-yield bonds, European bonds, U.S. agency bonds, municipal bonds, credit default swaps and other fixed-income securities. MarketAxess also offers a number of trading-related products and services, including: market data to assist clients with trading decisions; connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing; technology services to optimize trading environments; and execution services for exchange-traded fund managers and other clients. Through its Trax® division, MarketAxess also offers a range of pre- and post-trade services, including trade matching, regulatory transaction reporting and market and reference data, across a range of fixed-income products. Trax is the trading name of Xtrakter Ltd., a MarketAxess group company.
MarketAxess maintains its headquarters in New York and has offices in London, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Miami, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, São Paulo, Hong Kong and Singapore. For more information, please visit www.marketaxess.com.
Founded in 1990, EMTA (formerly the Emerging Markets Traders Association) is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to promoting the orderly development of fair, efficient and transparent trading markets for emerging markets instruments, and the integration of the emerging markets into the global financial marketplace. For more information, please visit www.emta.org.
Media Relations Contacts:
MarketAxess Holdings Inc.
RF|Binder for MarketAxess